For the costumes, please select from the above widgets.

Monday 5 November 2012

Christmas list - Part One = The Furby Bag ... Oh dear.



This week-end my children have put together their Christmas wish lists ... Although I can't say I'm surprised, I had somehow hoped it might have changed along the way. It didn't.
For Mia it looked a lot like this:

or this:


She is crazy about the odd (and well, let's be honest, rather ugly) animal. She would be devastated if Santa wasn't bringing one. I could imagine her walking around everywhere with the hybrid Owl/Mogwai/Chicken and then I knew what I had to do!


A Furby Carry Bag! Heart-shaped and monogrammed.

Lined with neon stars,
and detailed with neon hearts.


And because you can apparently "teach" your Furby, I thought I'd better put together a few rewards and what's best than lovely, interchangeable rosettes!


They're easy and fun to make. Variation = endless!
Perhaps an evening Rosette for special occasions? In the making. I'm thinking maybe a headband?

I have sewn a small velcro tab on the front of the bag, as well as on the back of each Rosette.


So she'll be able to change as she pleases.


And to keep the spare ones safe, I made a cute little pouch.
I have had my sewing machine for 12 years (Janome Memory Craft 3500) and somehow I've hardly use all the fun stitches it's packed with. This was the perfect project to play around. I love the combo neon pink/canvas.


Et Voila!

I think that now, I can handle the thought of Furby! But mostly I know that Mia will LOVE it.
If you need a tutorial on how to make a heart shaped bag click here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's gonna be a lucky little girl! I just got a furby today and even being 23yrs old I wish mine came with accessories!

    ReplyDelete